Assistance League of Everett conducts estate sales as a community service, as well as a fundraising opportunity. Sales are managed and conducted by an experienced and caring committee of volunteers who prepare, sort, organize and price items for the sale.
For a share in the proceeds a complete turnkey service is provided. This includes cleaning and set up, advertising and conducting the sale. If you are interested in having us conduct your Estate Sale please click here to Contact Us.
Thinking about an Estate/Moving Sale
Assistance League of Everett conducts estate and/or moving sales as a community service. Our share of the profit is used to support our major philanthropic programs: Operation School Bell®, Everett Community College Scholarships, Graduation Awards, and other people-in-need services. We are dedicated to a successful sale for both you and our organization.
Our service will assist you in disposing of unwanted property in an efficient and caring fashion. Your sale will be managed and conducted by an experienced committee of Assistance League volunteers.
In order to determine there are sufficient items to make a successful sale and justify the hours and effort required of our committee, we will assess the property you wish to sell prior to signing a contract. The proceeds of the sale will be split 50/50 between Assistance League and the estate. We require a minimum of $4,000.00 merchandise to sell. If the proceeds of the sale are insufficient, Assistance League will retain $2,000.00 or the one-half-share, whichever is greater.
The typical schedule for a large sale entails two weeks of preparation, sorting, organizing and pricing (some sales require more time). The sale will be conducted on Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. If it is a large sale, we will add in Thursday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Advertising will be placed in the local area papers; the cost shared fifty-fifty by Assistance League and the estate. The ads will appear under “Garage Sales” as an estate sale conducted by Assistance League of Everett. Our sales are consistently patronized by collectors, antique dealers, entrepreneurs and the general public.
Our goal is to assist you in a task which can be overwhelming. We strive to make it a comfortable and profitable endeavor for all.
For further information contact Assistance League® of Everett
at 425.252.3011 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preparing for an Estate/Moving Sale
Thank you for choosing Assistance League of Everett to handle your sale. The experienced Estate Sale Committee will do all they can to minimize any inconvenience to you and maximize the proceeds for both of us.
The following guidelines will help you know what to expect during the preparation time and sale of the estate.
- Prior to the time of the sale and preparation thereof, the premises (house/residence) must be vacated.
- General cleanliness is a must. We cannot endanger our volunteers’ health by working in filthy conditions.
- If a refrigerator or freezer is included in the sale it should be empty and ready to sell.
- The Committee will require two keys to the premises and will be responsible for opening and closing the house each day. The Agreement will be in effect upon delivery of the keys to Assistance League Estate Sale Committee.
- For reasons of security as well as convenience for our volunteers, no person(s) other than members of the Estate Sale Committee shall have access to the premises during the two-week (approximate) preparation time, sale days, and cleanup on the following Monday. This includes Real Estate agents.
- Before we begin setting up the sale, all items not to be included in the sale must be removed or secured in a separate area of the premises. No item shall be removed from the premises after delivery of the keys to the Committee. Although we make an effort to sell everything, inevitably there will be some items left. We will remove remaining salable items to our thrift store. We cannot transport large items. Hazardous chemicals, garbage and the large items become the responsibility of the estate and will be left at the premises.
We will make every effort to leave the home in its pre-sale condition or better.
Assistance League of Everett Estate Sale Committee